There must be at least one Match Set present. Use the “Add Match Set” button to add a new match set to the top of the stack.
Random Order in Player
- If toggled “on”, the Matching Sets are randomly “shuffled” in the Player.
- Only available if 2+ Matching Sets exist in the stack.
Detailed Feedback : Selection Status
- Displays an icon of each matching set’s option selection status (Correct, Incorrect) in the resulting feedback.
Detailed Feedback : Selection Info
- Displays the slot text of each matching set’s option selection in the resulting feedback.
- If “Selection Status” is toggled “on”, the option selection status is also displayed (in addition to the status icon.)
Detailed Feedback : Correct Info
- Displays the slot text of each matching set’s Correct option in the resulting feedback, if the learner’s selection is NOT Correct.
Detailed Feedback : Granular Text
- If toggled “on” :
- A field will be available in all match-sets labeled “Match Set Feedback Text”.
- A field will be available in all match-set options labeled “Slot Feedback Text”.
- Displays the Match Set Feedback Text of each match-set, and the Slot Feedback Text of each selected option, in the resulting feedback. This is useful when feedback/details that are specific to a Match Set and/or selected options are desired by the author. The “Match Set Feedback Text” and/or “Slot Feedback Text” field can be left blank for any instances that do not require this granularity in the resulting feedback.
- If toggled “on” :
If ANY of the above Detailed Feedback options are toggled on :
- The step assessment feedback popup will display, even if there is no feedback present in the funneled results.
- A “Selection Results” box will display in the feedback popup, above the regular feedback content data.
- The feedback popup will show the display text of each matching set.
In some cases, it is desirable for all Matching Sets to have an identical list of options. This button will “clone” all Match Set Slots from Matching Selections 1 to all other Match Sets (clearing the slots from all other sets in the process.)
Matching Selections (Match Set Box)
- Match Set Display Text : This is the question/statement to which the learner must match the best Match Set option.
- Randomize Set Slots In Player : This option toggle will randomize/shuffle the options within the respective Match Set.
- Match Set Slots :
- Must be at least one Match Set Slot in each Match Set.
- Only one Match Set Slot can be set to Correct-status in each Match Set. Changing a Match Set Slot status to Correct will change all other slots in that Match Set to Incorrect status.
- Use the “Add Match Set Slot” button to add another option slot to the bottom of the respective Match Set’s slot stack.
- Slot (Match Set slot data) : Each slot provides a Status selector and a Slot Text field.
FUNNELED RESULT HANDLING
Scroll down the editor panel to see how the assessment's responses are funneled to different results. Under Funneled Result Handling, you may see one or more drop-down options for handling certain response conditions :
- Dirty-Correct: Learner provides one or more Correct AND one or more Non-Correct responses (only available if both Correct and Non-Correct responses are possible.)
- Quasi-Correct: Learner provides one or more, but not all, necessary Correct responses AND no Non-Correct responses (only available if two or more Correct responses are possible.)
|Correct (no Non-Corrects, all necessary Corrects)
|Correct (no Non-Corrects, but not all necessary Corrects)
|Correct + Incorrect
|Correct + Partial
|Correct + Neutral
|Correct + Incorrect + Partial
|Correct + Incorrect + Neutral
|Correct + Partial + Neutral
|Correct + Incorrect + Partial + Neutral
|Incorrect + Partial
|Incorrect + Neutral
|Incorrect + Partial + Neutral
|Partial + Neutral
|Nullify (if applicable, regardless of combination with any other status type)
For each funneled result, add the text you wish the students to see by typing in the Feedback Text box. If the feedback text is left blank, the student will still see a popup with the resulting status (Correct, Incorrect, etc.) If you do not wish to have any feedback popup for a given funneled result, use the “Clear Feedback” button — with no feedback applied to the funneled result, the learner will simply move forward to the funneled result's target step. Test your changes and settings by viewing the step’s Preview.
It is possible that one or more existing funneled results may not be reachable by the learner due to assessment structure or the available response combinations, etc.. This is normal and should not be an issue.
Scoring Matching Assessments
No score tally is performed for the assessment, all scoring is set by the funneled results.
Here we are presenting the learner with a stack of 4 sets of items to be to be matched. The learner’s task is to select the best match within each matching droplist in the stack.
If the learner’s matching selections have one or more properly-matched elements (but not a completely-Correct stack of matching groups), the funneled handling is passed through the Dirty-Correct handling determination. The other possible results are completely matched (Correct) and completely un-matched (Incorrect.)